I know I said I would be back with an apple recipe, but I made this Turkey Pot Pie last night for dinner and we all agreed that it must go on the blog today so you all can try it with your leftovers tonight. I am so thankful I snapped a quick instagram shot of my daughter’s pie before we dug in!
What has been your favorite way to use up Turkey Day leftovers?
Thanksgiving Leftover Pot Pie
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups shredded Thanksgiving Turkey meat
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom soup + 1 can of water
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup leftover potatoes, stuffing, yams, and/or cranberry sauce
- 1/8 cup leftover gravy
- 1 pie crust
- 1 egg yolk, stirred
- olive oil
1. Heat a large skillet on medium heat. Warm the olive oil until just before smoking. Add onion, celery, garlic and carrots. Saute until “al dente”, about 7-8 minutes.
2. Add turkey, peas, and corn. Stir for a minute then add the soup, water and gravy and stir until completely combined. Simmer on Med-Low heat while you preheat the oven to 350 F and prepare the pie crust.
3. Roll out pie crust. Place small spoonfuls of potatoes, yams, and cranberry sauce all over the bottom of a casserole dish or individual ramekins. Fill with turkey mixture but leave a little space for the pie crust on top and for bubbling over. An inch should be plenty. Top with pie crust. Press crust around the edges to seal and remove the extra crust. Brush pie crust with a stirred egg yolk. Bake on a cookie sheet for 25-30 minutes until the pie crust is golden. Cool for a few minutes before serving.