I’ve never eaten baked brie before, but last week I found a wheel on sale and decided to try it. It had been a wet and stormy day in a wet and stormy week. My husband, his best friend and I were hungry for a warm and comforting afternoon snack. I promised them both something hot and cheesy and headed for the kitchen. Now, these two boys are from the country so Baked Brie does not come to mind when one mentions “hot and cheesy”. When I placed a plate of crackers and steaming melted cheese that flowed like lava from the flaky pastry in front of them they both looked at me a little skeptically.
“You will like it, look.” I pull a cheese covered cracker from the plate. A long strand of hot melted cheesy goodness stretches up and I stuff the cracker in my mouth pulling strands of cheese off the plate and into my mouth with my fingers. “Its delicious, try it”.
We devoured almost everything on the plate. Its fast, easy and will please everyone who loves a plate of hot cheese.
Apricot and Almond Baked Brie
- One 8oz round of brie
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- a large spoonful of apricot jam
- a handful of almonds
- rolling pin
- pie plate
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Place defrosted puff pastry onto a lightly floured parchment paper and roll out with a rolling pin until it is slightly larger than its original size.
3. Place brie, with rind, on top of the pastry in the middle. Spread a large spoonful of jam on top of the brie and sprinkle with almonds.
4. Wrap the puff pastry over the brie like a present making sure the brie is completely enclosed in the pastry. Brush with melted butter and place in a lightly buttered pie plate.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Use a spatula to transfer to a plate. Cut open and serve immediately with crackers.
(Click on recipe card to save and print. It is designed to be printed on 5×7 photo paper and stuck in a card file, on the fridge or given to a friend.)
Very nice recipe
Wishing more writers were like you. This is very appealing stuff.
I discovered your blog today for the first time and just wanted to leave a comment telling how much fun I’m having going through your archives. You are a gifted writer and your recipes look absolutely delicious. Keep it going!
Dan @ Casual Kitchen
This is so good! I will have to make this on Saturday! Thank you for reminding me!
That looks absolutely delicious! perfect thing for me(i love cheese) yumm!